Monday, August 01, 2005

Over-dollar-rated

Heather and I finally got around to seeing Million Dollar Baby last night. I went in fresh... I knew it was supposed to be great and was about a girl boxer, but that's about all I knew. I didn't even know Morgan Freeman was in it, but I guessed that after about 20 seconds of narration.

I suppose I agree with this guy's yahoo review Yes, the acting (of the three main characters) was good, the lighting, the camera work -- all that stuff -- was great, but so what? The story was weak and the last half hour was painful to watch. Leave it to Hollywood to throw you a fastball up-and-in that you can't possibly spin away from in the 8th inning. Booooo. At least in baseball you'd get awarded first base. What do you get here? You get to feel like shit for a half hour.

Well pardon me, but had I known I would've had to deal with that I wouldn't have rented it. If I want to see Clint, Morgan, or Hilary, there are plenty of great titles out there. I find it hard to believe not one of the critics slammed this thing, but I guess nobody wants to say anything bad about Clint.

Pbbbft. Lame.

No comments: