Tuesday, August 23, 2005

jg's new gig - spikesource

I leave for my big bike trip around the canyons tomorrow and when I get back I'll be starting my new job at SpikeSource, a small startup delivering services on open source software. Two months off is enough for this cat. Time to get back into it. I'm really jazzed about working in such a small company, and it's a very interesting space. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about spike.

One other note: I'm still in the "pro-bubble" camp. If it hasn't already, housing will peak soon and then start to pull back. Even a "leveling off" will likely be the catalyst for a more serious downturn. Why? Well, when the flippers realize that flipping won't make ya shit if the market is flat, then they'll stop flipping. Investors who buy condos sight unseen will find some new place for their fickle investments causing supply to rise and making downturn even more severe.

To that end, I'm currently short on the following stocks: LEN LEND KBH TOL DSL and FNM. I got into most of these about a week ago, but I think there's still more downside on many of them. See the "Bay Area Housing Bubble" link on the right for more. What are some other "housing bubble stocks" to consider shorting? Here are a few: BZH, CTX, GP, HOV, PHM. Just watch out for the dividends :)

No comments: